Welcome to the RAAF Airman Aircrew Association Website (under rerwite) ....
he concept of having a website for non-commissioned aircrew (airman aircrew) came as result of a get together, when, in 2000, past and serving members gathered at RAAF Richmond to farewell the C-130E Hercules from the Royal Australian Air Force.
It is always good to unite with old friends, but with this get together, came the realisation, that with the passage of time, sadly some had left us and many had lost contact, and therefore, the aim of this site is to endeavour to keep the kinship alive.
When most of us commenced flying, personal computers were not yet developed and the concept of web sites, emails and Facebook were unheard of. We can now use these developments to enable past and present airman aircrew, as well as its associates, to better maintain contact. This will enable:
- Your friends to be as close as your keyboard or telephone.
- In times of sickness or bereavement, a place to seek help or counsel.
- Support to be given in the event that members are ill or incapacitated.
- Respects and condolences to be given when members pass-on.
- Coming events to be displayed and in a timely manner.
The current list of names has grown immeasurably to that of the initial list of 50, but there are still many holes yet to be filled, therefore feedback from our friends would be gratefully received.
Upcoming events ....
Please direct website comments to:
Comments in relation to the Message Board: